Welcome to TK Cycling

If you're new here, check the archive for all of my postings, and check out my new "TK fact of the week" column. I will be posting as often as possible about races, training, life, and anything I can think of, so please come back soon, and make sure to leave a comment if you have any questions, concerns, or ideas for future topics (or maybe comments?)
Thanks for visiting and enjoy!

Friday, February 20, 2009

Flattery reaches an all-time high

After hanging out with Lance Armstrong and the Astana guys for a week, being followed around by film crews and photographers everywhere, and having my cleat screws turned by the inventor/owner of Speedplay, I am happy to say that I have topped it all on the 'pinch me' scale.

It has just been brought to my attention that I have been immortalized in cyberspace as a character in the Pro Cycling Manager video game. Check out this screenshot from the 2009 version of the game, which is set to be released this June I believe.



The game is quite popular in Europe and has a decent following in the US (all my mates from DBC play religiously). I will of course now be buying the game. This way, when my competitors are picking their characters, trying to decide whether to be Tom Boonen or Fabian Cancellara, I can just say "I think I'll just be myself". I mean how often do you get the chance to do that?

If you look closely you can read all my "rider attributes", which fall into categories such as MO (mountains), FL (flat), DH (downhill), and SP (sprinting). Interestingly enough, my best attribute by far, according to the game, is downhill riding. I wonder how they came up with that. Well I guess I can't complain, because going downhill fast is truly the mark of a badass on a bike, and now I can tell the rest of my team that I just must be the biggest badass on the team. (if you asked anyone who rides with me in the US if I'm a badass downhiller, they would certainly laugh at you, by the way). As to how they actually obtained those numbers, I haven't a clue. I just hope I don't suck in the videogame.

Reserve your copy now and I'll see you online!

1 comment:

  1. I assure you that you indeed do suck in the game haha. Zach somehow won some jenk stage race with you, but I have no idea how he did that! haha

    ReplyDelete

Hit CountersRank Noodle