Welcome to TK Cycling

If you're new here, check the archive for all of my postings, and check out my new "TK fact of the week" column. I will be posting as often as possible about races, training, life, and anything I can think of, so please come back soon, and make sure to leave a comment if you have any questions, concerns, or ideas for future topics (or maybe comments?)
Thanks for visiting and enjoy!

Monday, January 19, 2009

Training Camp part one

So last week was the first even for the newly formed Trek team, our pre-training camp in Lance's stomping grounds - Austin, Texas. You may have already read all about it on VeloNews, but if you haven't, Click Here to check out the article. As you may get from the article, the main purpose of the camp was to allow everyone, riders and staff, to get to know wach other in a relaxed setting, while also taking care of some business such as visiting the Lance Armstrong Foundation building and doing physical testing. The whole 'getting to know each other' part included plenty of dinners out, a bowling trip, a movie, dancing, and just hanging out at Lance's Spectacular new bike shop, Mellow Johnny's. Oh, and we did ride our bikes a bit too, I guess. The riding was not so great in my opinion around Austin: flat, windy, and terrible road surfaces. It was OK by me that we only rode about 3 hours a day.
If I made our supposed 'training camp' sound really cushy, that's because it was. It was my first experience with the big perks that come along with being a Pro. Every morning I would sit down to my all-you-can-eat-or-drink breakfast in the Juan Pelota Coffee Shop (A delicous mocha, muffin and breakfast wrap, for the record), and think to myself, "How did I get here?". Who knows, but I think we all had a really good time, and I can't wait for our next training camp, the BIG one, here in Northern California in early February. This one's sure to be full of those befuddling "new-pro moments", where I have to wonder, "Is this really happening to this former chubby kid from Yuba City?"...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit CountersRank Noodle