Welcome to TK Cycling

If you're new here, check the archive for all of my postings, and check out my new "TK fact of the week" column. I will be posting as often as possible about races, training, life, and anything I can think of, so please come back soon, and make sure to leave a comment if you have any questions, concerns, or ideas for future topics (or maybe comments?)
Thanks for visiting and enjoy!

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Paskenta Century 2009

On Sunday I will be heading up to Chico for my first outing of the season in any kind of a 'race atmosphere'. Starting at 8:00 am from 1-mile recreation area in Chico, the Paskenta ride is a long-standing informal race/ride that has 50, 80, and 100 mile routes. The 100 mile route is a competitive event, with a lot of top area talent turning out each year to test the waters for the first time of the season, or just log some winter miles. Its a fun ride that you can make as hard as you want (I usually tend toward making it pretty hard), and considering 300+ riders have been known to show up when the weather is good, any rider should be able to find a nice group to ride with, no matter how things split up between the hard-core racers.

I will be setting out to defend my title from last year, and if I do, I'll get to hang on to this sweet perpetual trophy for another whole year....

It looks like the weather is going to be perfect this year, so for those of you riders that have been hibernating this winter, come out and play!

I'll see you all on the road...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit CountersRank Noodle