Welcome to TK Cycling

If you're new here, check the archive for all of my postings, and check out my new "TK fact of the week" column. I will be posting as often as possible about races, training, life, and anything I can think of, so please come back soon, and make sure to leave a comment if you have any questions, concerns, or ideas for future topics (or maybe comments?)
Thanks for visiting and enjoy!

Friday, January 23, 2009

Recap 2008 in photos

Since I was 'offline' for all of the '08 season, I thought I'd try and catch up on what I was up to last year. I'll skip the drawn-out race reports and just go with lots of photos, because its early and I have to be on the road training in about half and hour. Considering a picture is worth a thousand words, and I type about 15 words a minute (pathetically slow), I should save myself about 1.1 hours worth of pecking away at the keys for each shot. I am all about efficiency, so here goes...

I started the season off in really good shape (too good for January), and took the win at the Paskenta ride in Chico. Looking forward to going back next weekend and trying to keep the sweet perpetual trophy they gave me.


Crossing the line solo to win the Sea Otter Circuit Race. This was a great weekend for myself and the DBC team, as we had won the road race the day before on a daring solo move by my mate Alex Wick.


I took things overseas to race with the US national team in May. This is a shot of me doing what I did best over there - being a domestique, or a team workhorse. With me pounding the climbs like this and teammate Nick destroying the KOM sprints, we came home with the KOM prize, the polka-dot jersey from the Trofeo Karlsberg in Germany.


Next up after Germany was Switzerland, and the mountainous Pays de Vaud stage race. I was feeling under the weather, battling a sinus infection I think, but I managed to make a long break on stage two and ended up second place - podium, flowers, and all.

OK well I gotta go get on my bike now. It's pesky having riding as a true job sometimes. Could be worse I guess!
I'll have more photos of the '08 season up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit CountersRank Noodle